Covid 19 policy & risk assessment
The health and safety of our employees, clients and customers is our utmost priority.
As well as continuing to reinforce existing rules for personal hygiene practices, food safety and infection control, we are taking action to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients and customers.
Together, with all of our client organisation’s team, we will put in place all additional necessary measures to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of everyone who visits the catering facility.
- Identifying the work activities or situations which might cause transmission of the virus
- Considering who might be at risk
- The likelihood of individuals being exposed
- Removing any activity or situation where it is not possible to control the risk
- Providing appropriate PPE and handwashing facilities and sanitiser at all entry and exit points and instructions on how to clean and sanitise hands according to government guidelines
- Screens to create a physical barrier between people
- Using tensa barriers, floor and stand mounted signage as well as designated representatives to guide and monitor customer flow (keeping 2 metres distance at all times0 , from approach to the facility, queuing, ordering, receiving and payment for the items, to consumption of the food at seating areas and disposal of rubbish.
- Frequency of cleaning and sanitising of seating areas after each customer visit
- Clear guidance on the use of changing facilities and toilets
Actions already taken within client premises include;
- Only providing grab and go and takeaway food with seating arrangements appropriate with social distancing
- Following government guidelines regarding any employee who is experiencing coronavirus symptoms. (Inform albacore immediately, go home, self-isolate for 7 days and ensure any other household members also self isolate for 14 days)
- Making hand sanitisers and tissues widely available for team members and customers
- Continually communicating the safe hand-washing procedure and ensuring our employees wear blue vinyl gloves while preparing and serving food
- Using our electronic information platform cipher to transfer information and communicate with our employees
- Use of gloves to receive and move delivery cages, boxes and packaging
- Removing condiments and replacing with individual sachets
- Audits for covid19 and essential safety only
- Commercial dishwashers audited to ensure the rinse cycle reaches 82 degrees C
- Free fruit to be only items with removable skin
- Visible extra sanitising of dining areas
- All food wrapped or covered
- Cashless payments only
- Communal and sharing hospitality individually wrapped
- Staggered customer break times
We welcome the opportunity to discuss ideas and recommendations, with regular update s and communications to ensure that when your employees visit the catering facility, they feel confident about the appropriate measures in place, the guidance provided, and that they can enjoy their meal in hygienic, safe surroundings provided in collaboration with albacore and their employer.
14th May 2020